Safety & Sanitization Protocols
- Closure of our amusement park arcade indoor space to offer one large outdoor park experience with both water and amusement attractions as an introductory opening campaign offer.
- Temperature testing on entry.
- Additional hand washing and sanitizing stations and showers installed throughout the park.
- Guests are asked to practice good hand hygiene and follow COVID-19 personal hygiene guidelines.
- Guests must wear a face mask at the park (except when in water or going to and from water attractions)
- Guests must practice social distancing – stay 6 feet apart from persons not in your group and follow social distancing markers around the park
- Furniture will be spaced out to observe social distancing guidelines
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing regimens of all furniture, equipment, attractions, hard surfaces
- All Staff have been properly trained on standard operating park procedures, lifeguarding and COVID Safety Measures.
Frequently asked questions
We are following the recommended Ministry of Health safety protocols as well as the CDC Guidelines in order to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. As a result the following measures have been put in place:
1. Guests will be required to wear a mask upon entry and while at the park.
2. You will be required to wash your hands before you enter the park.
3. Your temperature will be taken before you enter
4. Our furniture throughout the park has been spaced out to allow for social distancing amongst groups.
5. There are 6ft spacing markers on the ground for queues and on the staircases to rides.
6. Extra hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the park.
Before the park is opened, we conduct thorough cleaning and sanitizing of all rides, attractions, washrooms, furniture and equipment. During the day, between uses the rides are sanitized to ensure the continued safety of our guests.
Please note that for our special opening offer, as a precautionary safety measure we have closed the indoor building in the amusement park, thereby offering a complete open-air, outdoor experience, for a limited time period.
According to the Centres for Disease Control (CDC), prevention guidelines,
“There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, or water playgrounds. Additionally, proper operation of these aquatic venues and disinfection of the water (with chlorine or bromine) should inactivate the virus.”
Five Islands Water Park uses a sophisticated filtration and sanitization system that kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria in the water, thereby meeting all international standards for pool water chemistry management and water safety